Friday, September 28, 2007

I suppose our Norway experience didnt quite end where my last blog ended. We stopped In Olso for one night, we didnt do a whole lot there. It was nicer than I had expected. What would a Europe trip be like without seeing some hookers. Well it was our first ones in Olso, I dont think I have ever actually been close to one before, but we had to walk right by them to get to where we wanted to go. I tried to keep a straight face walking by, I failed... they didnt like it that much I dont think. For the next couple of days (including the one in Olso) they were mostly travel days. We had our next stop in Copenhagen, which was kind of nice I was glad I can say now I have been in Denmark. There was this crazy part of the city called Christiania. Its kind of a town within a city. The difference about this town was, there are no laws. From talking to one of our hostel roommates, it seemed like a place we had to go to. It was very sketchy area, not that I didnt think it was safe, but there was graffiti everywhere, I'm sure there we alot of drug deals going on as well. This place is basically a social experiment, they have an agreement with the city of Copenhagen. I'm not sure why they have it. But it was neat, garbage cans on fire for warm, people just hanging out and some playing music. I'm glad we stopped in. That night we had a few pints, and left for Berlin in the morning. This part of the trip was pretty much the first time we were worried about finding a place to stay. It had been very easy up till here because most of the stuff was already booked. Thank you Jack and Andrew. Lately we've been trying to book things online at internet cafes and we've been having trouble finding places. Maybe because the hostel online system is garbage, or maybe because we are waiting untill to late to book. I hope we learn our lesson though, but its difficult to learn when there havent been any real consequences, just scares. I think we are going to try and book things as soon as we know where we'll be and at what time. So far we haven't had to sleep in the train station... yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Josh
The red light district in Amsterdam is world famous. Not a clean city but interesting with the canals, floral markets and Art Galleries! Marijuana is legal there. Surprising to see shops selling.
Glad you didn't have to sleep in the street or train station Yet!. Loved to hear your voice on Friday. Hope you got to Sylvie too.
We didn't clue in that you were going to Copenhagen. I don't know much about Denmark. Will look forward to more details later.
Purple Hills studio tour, here this weekend Great fun with Susan and Lisa. Fall colours are starting too look amazing. Pop golfed yesterday with colleagues from Erindale at Hawkwind near Orillia and today at Silverbrooke.. 27 holes today.
Love you! Thanks for writing! Miss you! Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Josh! We are all here at Mom's for Thanks giving, Your big brother wants to say Happy Thanks Giving, and we all wish you were here...We are hoping that you are going to get a chance to call tomorrow (Sunday)...Anyways glad to hear that your trip is great...See ya Soon!

Love ya Colin
P.S. this is your big sister doing the typing!
xoxo!